Dealing Side Effects
I was reading a blog on “7 surprising ways meditation can be hurting you” http://www.thisisinsider.com/why-meditation-can-be-bad-2018-3?share=f0b9d422 and idea clicked to write this blog. Earlier mostly I have used the term “side effect” in term of medicines. However there is nothing in this world which don’t have some side effects including mother’s love or father’s duty or spouse care. I know one my uncle who takes extra ordinary care of his ailing wife, that has made my aunt completely dependent on him and she does not want to do any thing.
Whether it’s a fruit or vegetable, whether it’s live or care or whether it’s meditation or hard work, every thing have some side effects. However those side effects may not be much harmful or can be avoided if we know about those and deal them properly. We need to weigh the cost benefit analysis of every action. If we are receiving something then some price need to be paid.
5 tips for dealing with “side effects”
1. Don’t get carried away by the benefits and good side of any action. Whatever it may be. Every thing in this universe has 2 side of coin. Positive and negative.
2. Find out what are the side effects and do proper cost benefit analysis.
3. Find out the ways to neutralise side effects or accept those side effects with grace.
4. If the benefits are more than losses then only go for those actions.
5. With time, person and circumstances, intensity of side effect changes. So one need to be continuously alert about side effects.